In Your Language

Wednesday, June 4, 2014

Words With Friends WWF Prompt [4]: 06/04/14



ANTHRAX: TW tile, 2 TL tiles, 75pts

 

Background Information on Anthrax

 
Anthrax is a serious infectious disease caused by gram-positive, rod-shaped bacteria known as Bacillus anthracis. Anthrax can be found naturally in soil and commonly affects domestic and wild animals around the world. Although it is rare, people can get sick with anthrax if they come in contact with infected animals or contaminated animal products.
(http://www.cdc.gov/anthrax, May 28, 2014)

What is Anthrax a Metaphor for in My Life?

Something that functions like anthrax to me is fatigue: emotional and from sleep debt. Being a part of a special needs household is my calling and I love it. But, it is something that takes the last bit of me if I am not careful to see the signs of burnout. I have to be careful not to let the condition of the day determine how I feel about myself. That is a mindset of "works" and co-dependency. 



A worthwhile source of fatigue is my one year old baby named Gabriel. He wakes me up at night more now than he did as a newborn. Go figure! I think these unexpected moments together in the quietness of the night have the potential to allow me to savor his baby-ness for a little while longer. It is a blessing in disguise. The only problem is that the fatigue degrades the rest of my ability to function. I even get nauseous from loss of sleep. Have you noticed that your appetite gets out of whack after a night of insufficient sleep? 

Tangent from SLEEP

Did you know- Scientists connect amount of light stimulation to the eyes to the onset of puberty (reference 3rd subheading). So if a child is not getting enough sleep and more light stimulation because of it, it turns on the puberty hormones sooner. This also pertains to tablet, iPad, Nook (book reading electronics) and cellphone (light) use into the night. I'm in a bad habit of checking my phone when my baby wakes me up (back to that again! ^^)

So- that's it for this 4th edition in the blog series "Words With Friends Prompt"

You can challenge me to play by searching "Meredith Suh" or please try this prompt for yourself. Make sure you use the hashtags and go ahead and link it to one or all of my previous posts on this topic. I hope you can use that game to find writing inspiration like I do. I use the tag to lighten things up a bit from time to time. 


Thank you for reading! Stay in touch with comments and suggestions below. Blessings to you and yours~


#writeon #WordsWithFriends #WWFPrompt #WWFWednesdays #HumpdayHappenings

The Walker Fireside Chats

No comments:

Post a Comment

Here I am Again

Mouse Clicks