In Your Language

Wednesday, December 30, 2015

What's New at According2Meredith?

Hello Again~



A lot has changed!

  1. My hair cut
  2. Cross Country Move
  3. Bought a house in California
  4. Beginning a new family endeavor -- H.O.M.E.S.C.H.O.O.L.
1. My new haircut is as pictured... I have longer layers in the back. It's not a new hairstyle. I've been using CreaClip to cut my layers since April of this year. BUT- it's freshly cut and my perm has gotten new life breathed into it. The perm is 1 year old. Not bad, right? My last perm lasted about 2.5 years. How long did your perms last?

2. My husband landed an awesome job in California and so myself and the kids moved out there in August so we could get them started in a great school district for this 2015-2016 school year. We had to live with my husband's grandmother for over 3 months, but it was not all bad. Having that intimate time with her was priceless. She is in her nineties and we know her months are numbered. The kids really stimulated her in a positive way and helped her have a new reason to be alert. My kids learned to be caring towards others. My daughter would give her eye drops at night, my 2yo would bring her blankets to keep her warm and our oldest would sit and watch TV with her to keep her company.

3. We bought a house with a pool in the most desirable school district in the area. The picture above is in my new kitchen. It has granite countertops, an island with a sink and the dishwasher. We bought a brand new refrigerator and washer/dryer set. Let me tell ya, I felt the squeeze on the wallet. Moving isn't cheap. BUT-- then we got a rebate from our title company that almost covered the whole cost of the new appliances. I don't know about you, but I think that is a God thing. =) Either way, we were mightily blessed by that windfall.

4. H.O.M.E.S.C.H.O.O.L. and a new blog devoted to it. So if you wouldn't mind, as the awesome audience you have been through my first couple hundred posts for this A2M blog, please put this new blog on your follow list. I could use some pointers on homeschooling and perhaps my new fresh take on it will inspire some new approaches for you also. Thank you in advance. =)

Breaking up with Public School


So how many of you made tamales this year?

We made 22 pounds of pork, olive, chicharron, and spam tamales this year in over 3 ssessions. It ended up yielding about 10 dozen tamales since we like ours meaty. My husband's family put a lot of trust in me to do the bulk of the cooking and seasoning with their input. Overall, the tamales turned out fantastic. We enjoyed each other's company and even 92yo grandma wanted to participate. It was hard to duplicate the deliciousness that grandpa created with his buckets and buckets of tamales. (He passed away in December 2014.) We have decided to carry on the tradition and remember him with every batch.


I invite you to comment with your best tamale making memories or tips on making it fool-proof and fast... I have a lot to learn as a Korean person learning Mexican cooking!

12 comments:

  1. Thank you for sharing this information. I know what you need is argumentative essay topics.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Are you in need of academic help? Asking questions like “who can write an essay for me” ? Look no further! Our service provides students with the highest quality at affordable prices.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Bitcoin Era


    http://wealthcode.over-blog.com/bitcoin-era-erfahrung


    https://www.facebook.com/bitcoinera.official/

    That will be originally talked about on an undistinguished blog. This essay is your official guide to Crypto Bitcoin. This is in an exceptional locale.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Every student should know that this website helps students in solving all their writing problems. Visit and look for yourself that our services are the best.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I stumbled upon a white paper format writing. What does it mean? What is a white paper? I have to write such task this month. Thanks beforehand.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I want to talk to you about importance of academic writing. Everyone should understand that scientific work is important. You need to write it responsibly.

    ReplyDelete
  7. It’s obvious some patients with HIV are being enslaved to the antiviral and other supplementary Orthodox medicine just to help suppress the virus and not cure it permanently. I have been with the virus for years until I was introduced by a  friend who also narrated her story online on how she was cured of Genital Herpes after using Dr James Herbal Mix Medicine.  I was cured of HIV/AIDS after the usage of strong herbal mix medicine Dr, James prepared for me. All thanks to  Dr James, for healing me. I've seen the great importance of natural herbs and roots and the wonderful work they have done in people's lives. I wonder why people still spend their money on surgery, injections and drugs each time they are sick. Natural herbs can cure all kinds of illness including ALZHEIMER'S DISEASES, Lyme disease, Bipolar, Rosacea,Psoriasis/ Shingles, Lupus, Parkinson's disease, Schizophrenia, Cancer’s, Bladder Cancer, Colorectal Cancer, Breast Cancer, Kidney Cancer, Leukemia, Lung Cancer, Skin Cancer, Uterine Cancer, Prostate Cancer, Fibromyalgia, syndrome Fibrodysplasia, Epilepsy Dupuytren's disease, Diabetes, Celiac disease, Antipathy, Ataxia, Arthritis, Amyotrophic Lateral Sclerosis, Alzheimer's disease, Adrenocortical carcinoma. Asthma, Allergic diseases. Hiv_ Aids, Herpes, Inflammatory bowel disease, COPD, Diabetes. herpes, Cancer, Vaginal burning, diabetics, asthma, EBV, HIV, hepatitis, Enlargement, etc. I've seen it with my own eyes. I was Cured of HIV and my aunt and her husband were cured of Cancer by  the same Dr James who uses natural herbs and roots extracts to cure different kinds of illness. Even Dr James proved to the whole world countless times that natural herbs can cure all kinds of diseases, and he cured countless people using natural herbs. I know it is hard to believe but am a living testimony. He prepared the herbal mix medicine and sent it to me through SPEED POST COURIER  SERVICES and I took it as he instructed. MORNING AND EVENING FOR 15DAYS, 7days later after the usage of his herbal mix medicine, I went to the hospital to do a checkup, the results came out, and I was NEGATIVE. There is no harm in trying herbs, it will  cure you of any diseases you are suffering from, so why don't you give herbs a try and see its effectiveness. Dr James herbal mix medicine it's easy to drink with no side   Contact Dr James on his Email .... greatcureman@gmail.com....INFO@drjamesherbalmix@gmail.com .AND GET RID OF YOUR DISEASES.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hello. I am such a practical person that I will not dare to change anything that surrounds me. My so comfortable cozy, home corner creates the necessary conditions where I am confident in my abilities and my inscriptions from https://exclusivethesis.com/. correspond to the level of highly qualified writing. My work brings me not only pleasure but also a success.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Is there anywhere confidants gobble up seasonal Keto Advanced Fat Burner items? It's only the honest truth of it. If you always do what you always have done, you'll just have what you've got now. There are many particulars that drive Keto Advanced Fat Burner. That's one I suggest. There are, in fact, heaps of plans that you can buy a Keto Advanced Fat Burner. I had a good chuckle.


    Keto Advanced
    Keto Advanced Weight Loss

    ReplyDelete
  10. Thank you so much for sharing this great post and for these valuable information. I’m pretty sure I’ll enjoy visiting here again. this time to get this opportunity MBBS Scholarship in China for more details.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Subhe is an Short Learning App in Hindi system is designed to cater to the needs of learners giving them the flexibility of online ui ux design course with placement with smart features and empowering them to grow professionally and personally. Get the best learning apps that believe in making learning more personalized for students with a focus on concept clarity.

    ReplyDelete



  12. Hey gentleman this is such a fantastic webpage,Hey gentleman this is such a fantastic webpage, Russian Service in Bangalore
    Bhabhi Bangalore
    Hotels Service Bangalore
    Adult in Bangalore
    Night Service Bangalorei have some extra things for you. i have some extra things for you.

    ReplyDelete

Here I am Again

Mouse Clicks