In Your Language

Wednesday, March 12, 2014

In response to Michio Kaku

Photo Credit: teambeyond.net
"By 2100, our destiny is to become like the gods we once worshipped and feared."

Michio Kaku is a theoretical physicist. Navigate here to learn more about him.

I would never claim to posses the intellect or potential that he has reached in his life. I am really no-one compared to anyone. Still, I, with my whole being, shudder at this quotation of his.

Even if I wasn't a Christian believing in one God, I would hate to embrace this projection. I am all for people to strive to their potential and seek what they were put on the earth to do. But I do not want any "man" to be a "god" over me. Yet I'm not surprised that such a solid scientist would have this notion.

That is one of the reasons why I have a distrust for scientists who want to have an answer for everything... to be all-knowing and possibly all-powerful. I acknowledge that there are many God fearing invaluable scientists, so I'm not speaking of a blanket statement. But for those scientists that cannot have room for faith AND knowledge (seeking to be of god-status); no wonder why they want to debunk Christianity and the Bible. Now- if said scientist had no interest in being god-like, I wouldn't have so much trepidation toward them.

I admit. Humans can create some things. Humans can learn some things. Humans can know some things. But they cannot answer all of the questions of the universe. They can't create another earth. That is something that only the Creator God can do. That is the pompous mentality that will have humanity crushed like Sodom and Gomorrah.

If humans become gods, so too will the responsibility that comes with it. We will become the genie of the lamp with shackles and curses. Only God can possess power without curses and destruction. I seek a powerful person (not a god) to use that power for good. I am okay with being fairly ordinary. I am okay with knowing myself and fellow man. The quotation brings to mind varieties of scenes from the TV series Supernatual where both demons and angels have awesome powers but end up destroying more than anything.

I don't want to be worshiped or feared. I don't want to know anything more than I can handle. I don't want any responsibility more than I can handle. I still have dreams and visions of influence. But I don't want to replace my Almighty Perfect and Ever Loving God. He is the only one who can endure that lonely only position.

Hopefully I'll be long dead by the time "our destiny" comes along... God have mercy on us.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Here I am Again

Mouse Clicks