In Your Language

Friday, May 2, 2014

A Funny Story: Spoiler words- Karaoke, Dirty, Mistaken

This is a true story...

Three years ago, my husband and I were hanging out at my brother in law's bar in California, The Dirty Bird.  We went on a Wednesday for Karaoke Night. I sang Pink's "Who Knew" and The Fugees "Killing Me Softly." It was a fun night. I was hitting the notes, the crowd was enjoying it. The D.J. let me sing the last song... the gay customers were "feelin'" my performance and were swaying their hips to the music. It felt like an out of  body experience...














We couldn't help close out the bar, because that's what you do when you're having a great time. Before we were about to leave my husband left my side for  moment and this young guy (ten years my junior ^^) came by to hit on me. Well, genius me didn't understand his innuendo and had Mistaken him for something he wasn't. When my husband came back he noticed the guy approached me. I dismissed his concern telling (believing) him that the young handsome dude was g** and just complimenting my singing. Well, the guy overheard me and exclaimed "I'm not gay!"  [snare drums]


Read my other Mystery Stories...


Did you laugh? Did I pick a shareable story? Can you share with me any karaoke memories or embarrassing mix-ups like the one I described? Thank you for reading! Many blessings to you~

No comments:

Post a Comment

Here I am Again

Mouse Clicks